Friday, 5 October 2007
taking out the lights
While walking around today by Pollock I stopped at an intersection to wait for a crossing light. I saw a truck, one of the big long ones that can been seen driving cross country. It made a right turn and suddenly I heard a really loud crash. The truck hit a gray box that was sitting on the side of the street. When it pulled away, I saw some red wires sticking out, but didn't worry too much about it. I didn't realize until a few minutes later when I was still waiting for the crossing light, that the gray box was actually the wiring for the traffic and crossing lights. While staring at the damage done, I was somehow blind to the results. The lights were totally out. Thankfully people were able to use their own brains and were very polite when passing through the intersection so that traffic would keep flowing. While I was there, the only damage I saw was to the wiring and its container. The guy next to me on the street called someone to report the problem though, so hopefully it was fixed quickly.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
haven't talked to you in a while, dear! hope you've been good and behaving yourself over on the other side of the pond. ;) take care!
Post a Comment