I feel like a sloth. I have a paper that is due next Friday (not the upcoming one) and I don't really understand the material I need to write the essay on. "discuss how alpha-melanocyte-stimulating hormone plays a role in controlling feeding behaviour and sexual function" or something to that effect. My hope is that I will have a draft of this paper done by this upcoming Friday so I don't freak next week and can just use that period for editing.
This weekend I didn't really get as much done as I had hoped. I went to watch Iain in a downhill city race from Edinburgh Castle to the Grassmarket. It was a pretty intense race that went down stairs and over ramps. I was fairly impressed. Then I went out for some drinks to help a friend celebrate her 20th birthday, before meeting up with Iain and crowd again. I checked out at 1-ish because I didn't want to go clubbing and I was meeting someone at 10 the next morning to go to the library. Big mistake, I learned the hard way that the library doesn't open until noon on Sundays. Whoops, I guess I couldn't use the facilities. Honestly, why does the library have such restricted hours? You have to swipe an ID to get in, so why bother with such terrible hours. We ended up just going to a coffee shop to discuss the information for this upcoming essay, sipping GIANT cups of hot chocolate. Seriously, the cashier said there was a pint of milk in there. Otherwise, my weekend was really unproductive. I tried to get some research done for this paper, but I really don't want to do anything. I am sitting here in Appleton Tower thinking about food. I don't know why I am hungry. I had breakfast today, a sandwich, muffin and apple for lunch and I am still thinking about food. Class for an hour before I head back to Pollock for grease on a plate and archery at 7.
Monday, 8 October 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
i almost forgot. did you call the bronner fraser lab like two mondays ago looking for me? i said you were in scotland, but mary and max thought it was you, and the voice that sounded like you was asking for cindy and said her name was angela.
anyway i wont flatter myself by thinking that you spent some long distance fee to talk to me in lab. i hope you weren't in any sort of trouble.
Post a Comment