Monday, 1 October 2007

i don't know how to dress myself

I honestly can't read the weather here when I get up in the morning. Every day I have class (Mon, Tues, Thurs, Fri) I have to get up at 7.30am to dress, catch breakfast, and make the long trek to King's Buildings to make class on time. When I get up in the morning I am cold and it looks cold out my window. Naturally, I dress suitably for the day I see when I wake up. This morning I was contemplating putting on a sweater because I was seriously cold and the day looked gloomy, but for some reason, I decided to forgo this and put on a long sleeved dress shirt. Throwing on a scarf and my light coat, I headed out to class. About half way there I started to feel a bit warm and by the time I actually got to class (in a heated building) I was sweating in a way that is a bit nasty for the time of the day. The scarf was definitely unnecessary and I practically ripped off my coat when I got to the lecture theatre. I was really glad that I decided not to put a sweater on today, but unhappy that I didn't put on something lighter. I didn't even wear the coat or scarf on my walk back to my room.

I have no idea what to put on in the mornings here since I have to get up so early before the day actually starts. Any suggestions? I am thinking about dressing lighter in the morning and adding later in the day if I need it, but I don't think that I actually have enough clothes here to actually do something like that. The day is so beautiful right now and I won't be taking my scarf or coat with me when I go to my class at 5. I wish I could sit on my windowsill with a book that I enjoy. I tried it yesterday, but the sill is too narrow and my butt is too wide to sit comfortably for a long period of time.

At my Proteins class this morning, the tutorial session basically went over a project where I have to read a specific paper, answer questions, model some proteins and write a review. It isn't due until December, but all the tutorials kept telling me to start NOW! Of course I thought to myself 'no way'. It is due so much later than the other things that I have due. In the next five weeks I have three essays due and two practical write ups. I think those assignments have higher priority.

I think that I am starting to regret taking this philosophy class. I have a ton of reading to do this week, five papers pf about 20-30 pages in length. Hopefully they will be more interesting than last weeks readings, which I never got around to finishing. I should make a dent in them before class at 5 since I've got archery tonight. Hopefully less people will be there so I can shoot more arrows instead of waiting on a cue for most of the night.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

hooray for big butts